How to make almond butter and almond milk…..
In an effort to take control of what goes in my body and to limit the unknown chemicals I consume, I began making my own foods that I like to consume on a daily basis. I don’t want to drink coffee with creamer that has everything in it but cream. I am also trying to cut back on dairy because it contributes to my asthma symptoms and may trigger some of the issues I have with chronic bursitis. Here is how I make almond butter and almond milk. It is quick and easy.
To begin you will need raw almonds and the flavorings you like. I chose vanilla, cinnamon, and honey.
- Using food processor to grind almonds to a pulp, add other ingredients and process until forms a nice ball. I will sometimes add a little olive oil to get a smooth consistency.
- You now have your almond butter ready!
- I then take a pitcher with filtered water and about a third cup of my almond butter and soak in the refrigerator overnight or a few hours.
- I pour some of the water out and set aside, using a blender to liquify the rest of the water and almonds.
- Finally, I line my almond milk pitcher with my Goo Roo’s Muslin Bag and pour almond mixture and remaining water into the bag. I lift the bag and squeeze the contents leaving a pitcher of awesome almond mild sans chemicals. Enjoy in your cereal or as I do in a Shaklee Life Plan Shake for breakfast and sometimes lunch each day.
Next time I’ll show you how I make coffee creamer.